Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day One-Hundred-Seventy-One, Tupelo

I spent all day in Tupelo, trying to fix my computer.  Which I may have done but I'm not optimistic.  Samsung sucks.


Elvis was born inTupelo in 1935.  He died forty-two years later.  I'm forty-two right now.  And still have one or two things to accomplish.  Like getting out of Tupelo.  It's a fine city, or so I suspect.  I've only seen one road of it.  And likely not the prettiest road.  It's all Walmarts and shopping malls.  I didn't even make it as far as Elvis Presley Park.


I spent all at a Verizon shop and walking around killing time.  I walked miles a mall.  And sat sipping soda and recharging.  It was eighty degrees today.  And sunny, a good day to be outside.  People are walking around in shorts.  It's summertime in Mississippi.  Tomorrow it's going to rain.


And here I am sleeping indoors tonight.  I'm finding these motel stays exhausting.  And expensive and not at all in keeping with the spirit of my adventure.  My forward progress has slowed to a crawl.  I blame the Samsung corp.


Which sucks.


I do have something to show for it all.  I can do italics now.  But I cannot undo them.  Forgive the mess.  Back on the road tomorrow.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment