Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day Two-Hundred-One, House Guests and Fish

I didn't leave home until two maybe three.  I had finished my typing by noon.  It gets dark at five.  I didn't get far.  You do the best that you can.

It took me an hour to get on my socks.  I had to repack my bag.  And explain it all to Rebel the Dog.  He's come to look up to me.  To regard me as a friend and a brother.  It was hard to say goodbye.

But someone has got to do the walking.  I made it maybe eight miles.  And put up my tent some time after dark.  I will almost surely be eaten.  By cats or dogs or wild pigs.  By bears or crocodiles.  But I am not afraid.  I'm feeling fine.  I welcome my forest brothers.

I can give them lemon drops.  I stocked up at the store.  I had too a Moon Pie but I ate that.  It was not very good.  Good enough for a gator I guess.  Good enough for a pig.

Anyway, I'm sleepy.  Crestview is some distance off.  We'll make tomorrow a proper long day.  We'll let you know how it goes.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment