Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Walkingman


There have been so many kind strangers. One hopes there will be many more. Typing with my thumbs on this infernal device I fear I'll never be able to thank them all. The odd breakfast, the loan of a porch to sit on, the smiles and encouraging words-- without these things I'd be all alone out here and America's too big for that.

I must nevertheless issue a special thanks to Jeff. You may know him as the Walkingman. He completed a similar journey not too long before I began this one and has been an unfailing source of advice and encouragement. He has been tireless in answering all of my questions; even the dumb and impertinent ones. What's more, he has shown It Can Be Done. Thanks Jeff.

There too is Matt, one more link up the chain, who helped out Jeff where he could. I hope one day I'll be the veteran who can help the next one along. (I'll tell him he's nuts.)

Mom, too, bless you; you ain't forgotten. Smile once in a while.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment: